Have you or your IT resources ever had to spend time (a lot of time!) trying to restore files that were mistakenly deleted? Have you done that work and found the data you need is not being backed up? It’s a task that should only take a few “clicks” and a few minutes if you are using a cloud based medical record backup solution.
Healthcare practices are using a variety of data-backup options. Certainly these have worked with varying levels of success; however, we are faced with the reality that the volume and importance of our data is only increasing – as well as regulatory requirements for security, retention and recovery safeguards.
We recommend HIPAA compliant, medical specific, cloud-based data backup that is managed by medical IT technicians who are on call to help you every step of the way. It takes the guesswork and human error out of the equation.
We do NOT recommend the following backup options (unless you have a lot of time, money and faith in outdated protocols):
- Using older technologies (tape, external disks, USB drives, flash drives, etc.) that you need to manually take offsite to “secure”
- Buying and integrating various management consoles in order to execute, monitor, and manage your backup (and installing multiple updates that will need to be applied as patches and features are rolled out)
- Hiring an in-house Backup Administrator and continually educating them on regulations, changes in your EMR/EHR software programs and general technology updates
Using a cloud based data backup solution with trained regulatory backup experts is the only option that gives you an experienced team that focuses on HIPAA compliant medical data backup without adding staff or complexity.
Many of you have come to rely on Proven Backup’s unique and powerful service offering as your offsite medical records storage solution. Our proactive, hands-on approach assures that you meet the demands of data backup and HIPAA regulations.
Now is a great time to perform a survey of your practice’s software applications and let us know of anything NEW that has been added.
While we constantly monitor the status of your backups and manage them, if new software applications are added we need to be notified so we can add them to the backup jobs. This will ensure that information is safely and securely stored.
If you think you may have some new applications that are not being backed up, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and put “New Application Added” in the email subject. We will contact you to help, or you can always call (877-972-2258)
We are proud to be the HIPAA compliant backup company to support Professinal Data System’s PracticeProtectionMD
Professional Data Systems, Inc. has pulled together all of the expert HIPAA services you need to meet the complexities of the process. It’s a true, one-stop HIPAA compliance solution.
What makes the PracticeProtectionMD service unique is experienced, certified staff to walk you through the complicated process, combine that with the best in HIPAA compliance technology and a compliance management portal and you have a one-stop HIPAA compliance solution. PPMD is priced monthly and includes hardware maintenance, backup, support and a toll-free Help Desk.
The challenges of unreliable backup and recovery for a hospital’s IT infrastructure is a growing concern. Tape and disk methods have proven to be unstable in protecting a hospital’s large amount of vital information, causing major setbacks. In fact, most recently, Emory Healthcare in Atlanta announced that backup disks containing approximately 315,000 patient records had gone missing from a storage locationat Emory University Hospital. Full Article
Proven Backup is an offsite backup solution that helps hospitals to establish and implement procedures to create and maintain retrievable exact copies of EMR/EHR patient data. But we have something that other backup companies many times overlook – a helpful, support team of system engineers who completely understand backup and recovery as it pertains to healthcare organizations. Additionally our backup solution is supported by a dedicated HIPAA/HITECH Compliance Officer who has an in-depth understanding of HIPAA/HITECH regulations and collaborates with various departments to develop and offer IT Risk Assessments. Contact us to learn more about how ProvenBackup can help your hospital maintain data security.
We offer a secure, reliable, fully managed backup solution that is compliant with the stringent and evolving regulations of the medical industry. From 5GB to 1TB+, all plans offer:
- HIPAA Compliance Guaranteed
- Compatibility with all medical software
- Set It & Forget It technology
- FREE Set-Up, Support and Monitoring by Medical IT Experts
Proven Backup Product Full List of Features:
- Automatic backup management to the cloud – no need to initiate backup or exchange and copy media
- Daily online and email reports and alerts
- FREE Help desk support
- Rapid data recovery and immediate restores
- Access to data from the Internet with optional local backups
- HIPAA compliant and redundant
- Secure, SSL transfer 256-bit encryption data storage processes
- Support for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Unix operating systems, Modules for common email and database applications, including Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Lotus Notes/Domino, Oracle, MySQL, EMR/EHR management systems, PMS, PACs systems, QuickBooks, to name a few
- Automatic and FREE upgrades
- Flexible historical versioning and continuous data protection
- Simple, centralized web management console
- 24/7/365 monitoring and support from experienced medical IT technicians
- Storage housed in state of the art, fail safe data centers
- Unlimited storage space
- No contract required
She achieved the accreditation of Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE)!
The CHSPE credential signifies that Dawn is an expert in overall HIPAA compliance and is able to evaluate whether policies and procedures are HIPAA-compliant and ensure that practices she analyses are taking every possible step to protect privacy and security of protected health information.